I was so exhausted when I got in from grocery shopping today. It’s just so hot out there, going from the car to the store, I thought I might start melting, or pass out from heat exhaustion. Ok, I’m exaggerating a bit, I’ve been in worse heat, but still. It’s hot.
So, this is what I’ve learned today:
- Don’t go grocery shopping in the hottest part of the day. Stick to early morning or evening when the sun isn’t so scorching.
- Bring hand sanitizer with you. We had to go into one of the worst bathrooms I’ve seen in years because my potty training daughter had to go. The people that used the sink before us informed me that the cold water didn’t work, and that the hot water was so hot that it burned her little boy. I dug and dug in the endless pit called my purse until I finally found it, and gave some to both my babies and myself.
- Use the bathroom before going to the Pig. That is the worst bathroom I’ve seen in years. See #2.
- Don’t let your daughter insist on putting your coupons on the conveyor belt with the groceries. The conveyor belt kept spinning after the groceries had been scanned, and it ate a couple of my coupons. We were only able to recover one, so I lost out on a $1.
- Piggly Wiggly won’t reimburse you/adjust the price if their conveyor belt eats your coupon. I ended up putting the product back, because they were like, oh well.
- The Cascade trial packs at Piggly Wiggly have 4 in a package for $1 compared to the 3 in the trial packs for $0.97 at Walmart.
Pair this with the $1 off any Cascade product from the P&G insert, and have an extra free one! You could also use the Cascade coupon found in this free booklet, which would double, making them free.
I only liked learning the last lesson, but lessons are sometimes learned the hard way.